Read ‘Em And Enjoy
We provide the wine; you bring the fun! And picnics, and Frisbees, and games, and kids, and dogs, and laughter, and friends, and joy, and whatever else makes your day great! We really want you to enjoy your stay, but to do that we do have a few rules we’d like your help with:
- We are operating under Commonwealth Covid control best practices. Please follow all guidelines and requirements at all times while on the property. This means that:
- Barrel Oak is following Commonwealth guidelines designed to limit virus transmission vectors. We can only provide wine flites, bottle service and draft beer pitcher service today. Sorry, no glass service, no Sangria.
- Parties are limited to ten or fewer including children and dogs. For your safety and the safety of those around you, wandering or visiting other tables in the seating area will be grounds for expulsion.
- While at Barrel Oak you must remain at your assigned table and within your marked table perimeter. The only reasons to leave your assigned space are to come and go from your auto, purchase wine or beer at our outside tent location, throw trash in the nearest receptacle, or visit our restrooms.
- Other than restroom access, the rest of the Barrel Oak building including its patios and decks are closed to the public and available by reservation at our website only under our innovative “Return to Barrel Oak” initiative.
- Please note that under our “Return to BOW” Initiative, a limited number of parties have pre-paid for their private use of some outdoor areas which are off-limits to the public. Please do not enter these areas!
- We continually sanitize our restrooms for your use. For your safety and the safety of others, please wear a mask when inside the winery for the purpose of using our restrooms.
- Please practice absolute social distancing of at least 6 feet from others who are not a member of your immediate circle at all times! We strongly recommend that you wear a mask when away from your assigned table.
- If you are coughing or in any way showing Covid symptoms, you will be politely asked to leave. If this happens, we ask that you understand that our job is to protect everyone and that you will respect our requirement.
- We request that you limit your visit to 2 hours or less between the hours of 11 and 3 so that others may also visit and enjoy our very limited available space.
- Should we determine for any reason that you must leave the premises we will respectfully request your compliance. We are completely supported by the Fauquier Sheriff’s Department in these safety requirements.
OFFSITE ALCOHOL IS FORBIDDEN ON THE PROPERTY. This is an ABC violation that can result in your expulsion from the property.
2. Thank you for assisting us as we endeavor to protect your guests and our staff during this challenging time. Our managers are happy to assist you today.
- We love havin’ dogs and kids but they MUST be under adult supervision at all times.
- Watch the kids: wine, fun, candy, and potential catastrophe (we are a working farm) are everywhere!
- Please clean up after your dog; the smell of the country is preferable. Disposal bins are located outdoors.
- Please clean up after yourself: Place your trash and recycling in the proper containers and do your part to stay Green! There are collection stations on the patio and more trash cans are located inside.
- State law says we absolutely cannot serve you if you are visibly intoxicated, and nope, it doesn’t matter if you have a designated driver or a limousine. Sorry, but we have to take this one very seriously! Otherwise, bye-bye BOW!
- Party Foul Alert & BIG Time State Law: No offsite alcohol allowed on premises!
- No smoking please.
- We are a working farm and state law clearly states that as such, we are not responsible for your death or dismemberment while on our property. Please don’t let yourself become dead or dismembered; we’d feel just awful about it!
- We grow about 20,000 vines here on the property. You are welcome to view them from the fence line right next to the winery.
- We are living our dream and you help us to do it every time you visit. So here are BOW’s rules for BOW: We will always do our very best to make certain that you have great wine and a great time. We will address any concern that you may have quickly and with concern for your needs.
- We will always strive for excellence and accountability in our relationships with our customers. We’ll never B.S. you; we believe in the rewards of integrity and being truthful about everything that we do. We’ll be here today, tomorrow, next week and next year, having the times of our lives and inviting you to join us!